Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Life As a Movie

This sounded like fun, so here goes: (h/t Asymmetrical Information)

Here’s how it works:
1. open your library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod)
2. put it on shuffle
3. press play
4. for every question, type the song that’s playing
5. new question– press the next button
6. don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool

Results:

Opening Credits

Lay Your Love On Me - Abba

Waking Up

Full Moon - Elvira

First Day at School

Bossa Baroque – Dave Grusin

Falling in Love

Cousin Dupree – Steely Dan

Breaking Up

Your Bright Baby Blues – Jackson Browne

Prom

True Companion – Russ Freeman and the Rippingtons

Life's Okay

Winter Wonderland – Dean Martin

Mental Breakdown

Home – Sheryl Crow

Driving

The Beginning – Bram Stoker’s Dracula (Soundtrack)

Flashback

Bluestreak – Tom Scott and the LA Express

Getting back together

Ring Out Solstice Bells – Jethro Tull

Wedding

Hello Beastie – POTC Dead Man’s Chest (Soundtrack)

Birth of a child

Corey’s Coming – Harry Chapin

Final Battle

Shape of my Heart - Sting

Death Scene

Doctor Finklestein/In the Forest – Nightmare Before Christmas (Soundtrack)

Funeral Song

You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch – How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Soundtrack)

End Credits

Christmas All Over Again – Home Alone 2 (Soundtrack)

Some of these made me laugh out loud - notably the Marriage and Funeral Song - and some are weirdly appropriate. I could have gamed the results a bit by excluding my soundtracks and jazz cds, plus I've got close to 40 years of music still in album form and I'm still in the process of making them digital (for example, I have only 2 Beatles CDs, but I have every one of their albums on vinyl). So, once I get my music collection complete - or as complete as I can make it - my results my differ quite a bit

Still, this was a fun experiment and one you might want to try yourself.

No comments: