Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hot Stuff

For those of you not in New England, the weather here the last couple of days has been awful. Highs in the mid 90's, lows not cracking 70 and me with no AC. Consequently, my addle pated brain hasn't felt much like blogging. Regular posts will resume when the cool air starts to flow again.

Or if someone wanted to come to Vermont and be my personal fanner (fanny? no, that doesn't sound right), that would be okay, too.

On the plus side, the fireflies are starting to arrive and that's always a sure sign of summer. When we moved east in the early 90's to upstate New York, I used to have a nightly ritual where I'd carry my daughter outside so she could say good night to them. Since coming to Vermont, there seems to have been a blight of sorts, as they haven't been very plentiful.

The last couple of years, however, they seem to be making a comeback, which is nice. There is something very cool about watching them sidle past your window, their little cabooses twinkling in the darkness.

No comments: