Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Soundtracks

I love movie soundtracks almost as much as I love movies themselves - I am the Movie Slut, after all - and I've recently stumbled on a website that's a soundtrack lover's wet dream. It's called StreamingSoundtracks and it's exactly what the name implies: a website devoted to nothing but movie (and TV) soundtracks.

It's free to join, although you can become a VIP member for around $50 a year, and you make requests for specific cuts from a soundtrack. As I write this, for example, a cut from the soundtrack to The Last Mimzy is playing, to be followed by one from Havana, then one from Hercules (TV) and so on.

The end result is hours of interesting music that never gets boring. While I recognize many of the cuts, I frequently find myself clicking on the queue to see what movie the music is from.

Trust me, if you love movies, you'll want to listen.

Note: You can listen through Winamp or Windows Media Player but you may have to download a plug-in to do so.

No comments: