Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Another Shoe Drops

Last week I took my first vacation in over a year and spent five days in New York City. It was my first visit to the Big Apple since 1990 and it was fun but exhausting. I'll have more details as I go on but suffice it to say that I had a great time and wouldn't change anything about it.

Except, that is, for the part about returning home and being told by my landlord that the place where I live (and have lived for the last ten years) has been sold and I have to vacate in sixty days. Sigh. So now I'm not just out of work I'm also about to become homeless.

For the moment, I'm trying to treat this out-of-the-blue announcement the same way I'm treating my loss of a job: as an opportunity, not an ordeal. My doctor (I'm in the process of getting a physical) says that my attitude is healthy. Of course, he also tells me my blood pressure is high, so what does he know? So, the opportunity mind-set is holding but I have to add that if too many more "opportunities" drop into my lap I may start to get a little cranky.

1 comment:

Gaucho said...

Heh. That's just what my landlord said.