Thursday, March 22, 2007

Time Out of Mind

Am I the only one still a little weirded out by the early time change? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I love the extra sunlight - although I'm not a huge fan of getting up in the dark - and it definitely feels a little more springlike. Maybe it's because winter here in the Northeast has been so strange.

It didn't really get cold til mid-January (I vividly remember the second Saturday of the month being sunny and in the 60's) and since then it's felt like living in a meatlocker with someone occasionally opening the door and dumping in bags of ice-cold rocksalt. Right now outside my window I can see mounds of snow at least 3 feet high with small patches of lawn starting to peek through - a sure sign of spring. Still, I'm having a hard time remembering what month it is.

It's light enough to be March, cold enough to be January (yesterday morning the low was -5) and the snow is a sure sign of February. Is it any wonder I'm tempted to crawl back under the covers and hibernate for another couple of months?

No comments: