Monday, February 13, 2006

Takeover Tango, Pt 1

The company that I've worked at for the last five years was recently taken over by another company. The companies, both retail giants, are in the process of becoming one, mega-retail chain with over 700 stores nationally. I wouldn't want to be specific or anything - you never know who may read a blog - so I'll just combine the names and call the new store "Filacy's". The transition began the end of January and will continue through September, when the conquering chain will put their name on the building. Between now and then, well, that remains to be seen.

For the moment, my job and department appear to be safe and the hope is that things will be better under the new management. My gut feeling is that all we've done is trade one giant corporate culture for another - and it remains to be seen whether it's an improvement.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: